As much as you love your child, you know that there will come a time when it’s best for their development to be exposed to new opportunities without you by their side. It’s natural to want to protect them and keep them close where you can stand watch at all times, but that’s neither possible nor healthy.
When the time comes to let your child stretch his or her wings a little bit while making new friends, learning, and having new experiences, you want to make sure it’s in the best possible setting. You don’t want to give in to separation anxiety, for yourself, or your child.
The way to overcome that tendency, and ensure success for your child, is by considering some of the best preschools in Jacksonville, FL, such as Bartram Academy, for example. There are other ways to prepare your child and yourself for preschool too.
Here are a few additional things to consider:
- Create routines and consistency, much as they will encounter at preschool.
- Develop self-help skills for many situations, such as buttoning a raincoat.
- Encourage your child to help with tidying up at home.
- Attend playgroups and storytimes. These are similar settings to preschools.
- Teach your child that they need to share attention sometimes. They will need to learn to wait their turn.