The Reggio Emilia model is a great way to encourage students to be their own person and discover their own interests. Teachers are integral in a child’s learning outside of their home, and when practicing Reggio Emilia, there are important guidelines to follow.
As a teacher at Reggio-inspired preschools in St. Johns County, you should be able to do the following:
- Understand and respect that children are capable contributors to their own learning process.
- Respect that they belong not just to the school’s community, but the global community.
- Understand their right to be in a welcoming space that encourages learning without forcing them.
- Work towards the common goals of the children, their parents, and teachers.
- Allow a child to explore their own interests in their own way and cater to their preferred method.
- Engaged children with a rich and responsive environment where they can explore, negotiate, and discuss with their peers and instructors.
At Bartram Academy, our experienced staff is dedicated to allowing children to find their own way in their education. We provide the tools they need to explore their interests and learn in a variety of different ways.
If you are interested in enrolling your child in our preschool programs, contact us today at (904) 419 7563.